- Parker Advocaten B.V. participates in the Klachten- en Geschillenregeling Advocatuur (Complaints and Disputes Procedure for the Legal Profession).
- The complaints procedure of Parker Advocaten B.V. involves the procedure applicable to handling a complaint of a client of Parker Advocaten B.V. regarding its services. You can download a copy of the complaints procedure here. Upon written request we will forward you a hard copy of the complaints procedure by ordinary mail.
- If Parker Advocaten B.V. does not succeed in bringing a complaint of a client regarding the services rendered by an attorney of Parker Advocaten B.V. to an acceptable solution through said complaints procedure, then the client may present the complaint within twelve months following the outcome of its written handling to the Disputes Committee for the Legal Profession Consumers, or Disputes Committee for the Legal Profession Business (Geschillencommissie Advocatuur) (hereinafter: the “Disputes Committee”).
- Any and all disputes following the coming about and/or execution of the services by an attorney of Parker Advocaten B.V., including disputes regarding any disputed and/or unpaid invoices of Parker Advocaten B.V., shall be settled upon request of the client and/or Parker Advocaten B.V. by the Disputes Committee in conformity with the applicable Reglementen Geschillencommissie Advocatuur (Disputes Committee Regulations for the Legal Profession) (hereinafter: the “Regulations”).
- If the dispute concerns the assignment of a consumer, then the Regulations provide for a binding advice, save the client seizes the ordinary court within one month following the end of the complaint handling by Parker Advocaten B.V. In the event of debt collection from a consumer there will only be a binding advice, if the client pays the outstanding debt into an account of the Disputes Committee. If not, arbitration shall apply to such collection. A consumer means for the application of the Regulations: the client who is a natural person, who does not act within the conduct of a profession or business.
- If the dispute concerns the assignment of a business client, then the Regulations provide for arbitration. A business client means for the applicability of the Regulations: any client not being a private client according to the definition given above in par. 5.
- The Regulations can be retrieved from the Secretary of the Disputes Committee at the address: Postbus 90600, 2509 LP Den Haag. The Regulations may also be consulted on the website of the Disputes Committee (www.degeschillencommissie.nl). Upon written request we will forward a hard copy of the Regulations to you by ordinary mail.
Amsterdam, 1 January 2022