- Parker Advocaten B.V. participates in the Klachten- en Geschillenregeling Advocatuur (Complaints and Disputes Procedure for the Legal Profession).
- The complaints procedure of Parker Advocaten B.V. involves the procedure applicable to handling a complaint of a client of Parker Advocaten B.V. regarding its services. You can download a copy of the complaints procedure here. Upon written request we will forward you a hard copy of the complaints procedure by ordinary mail.
- If Parker Advocaten B.V. does not succeed in bringing a complaint of a client regarding the services rendered by an attorney of Parker Advocaten B.V. to an acceptable solution through said complaints procedure, then the client may present the complaint within twelve months following the outcome of its written handling to the Disputes Committee for the Legal Profession (Geschillencommissie Advocatuur) (hereinafter: the “Disputes Committee”).
- Any and all disputes following the coming about and/or execution of the services by an attorney of Parker Advocaten B.V., including disputes regarding any disputed and/or unpaid invoices of Parker Advocaten B.V., shall be settled upon request of the client and/or Parker Advocaten B.V. by the Disputes Committee in conformity with the Reglement Geschillencommissie Advocatuur (Disputes Committee Regulation for the Legal Profession) (hereinafter; the “Regulation”).
- If the dispute concerns the assignement of a private client, then the Regulation provides for a binding advice, save the client seizes the ordinary court within one month following the end of the complaint handling by Parker Advocaten B.V. In the event of debt collection from a private client there will only be a binding advice, if the client pays the outstanding debt into an account of the Disputes Committee. If not, arbitration shall apply to such collection. A private client means for the application of the Regulation; the client who is a natural person, i.e. not a legal entity and who does not act within the conduct of a profession or business upon instructing Parker Advocaten B.V.
- If the dispute concerns the assignment of a business client, then the Regulation provides for arbitration. A bussines client means for the applicability of the Regulation; any clients not being a private client according to the definition given above in par. 5.
- The Regulation can be retrieved from the Secretary of the Disputes Committee at the address: Postbus 90600, 2509 LP Den Haag. The Regulation may also be consulted on the website of the Disputes Committee (www.degeschillencommissie.nl). Upon written request we will forward a hard copy of the Regulation to you by ordinary mail.